On June 16, RICS in Russia and the CIS will hold a Round Table on the theme «Evaluation in a falling market».
Margarita Trofimova, MRICS, Director for Evaluation and Consulting, ILM, Russia & CIS will speak at the round table from the company ILM.
Pavel Kartsev, MRICS, General Director of Valrus LTD and Polina Kondratenko MRICS, Executive Director - Head of the Real Estate Department, UOIZO Central Bank,«Sberbank of Russia», will also take part in the round table.
During the round table, experts will discuss the following questions:
- The use of the income approach to assess commercial real estate in an unstable market.
- Choice of methods: incident or direct capitalization? When it makes sense to predict, and when to rely on the caprate?
- Accounting for changes in rental rates, including rent from the turnover for trade operators: discussion.
- Applying a comparative approach to determining rental rates. Pricing factors and correction factors. How does the market respond to changes in demand today? What indicators have changed over the past two years?
- Discounts on bidding, periods of exposure of facilities. Basic indicators for office, warehouse and retail spaces. Forecasts
- Banks: cash flow forecasting - retail, office and warehouse property
- Assessment in the falling market of an industrial building, the most effective use of which is redevelopment into a shopping center - through the eyes of an appraiser and an auditor.
On the example of evaluating the building of the tobacco factory Ligett Dukat, located in Moscow, we will consider the experience of discussing approaches to the evaluation of this production facility by representatives of various appraisal companies and the owner’s auditor (company of the «Big Four»). What to do when a compromise seems unattainable?